So, you want to get rid of that pesky belly fat, and you’re unsure whether losing weight on a treadmill is a viable option, and if you should join a gym. You just need to pick one of the gyms in Little Italy, San Diego to begin your calorie-burning journey. Well, let’s see.
Can you lose belly fat by running?
Oh yes, running will definitely help you get rid of belly fat. In fact, running is one of the best all-round exercises for improving your level of fitness, getting your health under control, and lose weight, even according to the California LEAN initiative.
However, simply starting to run will not burn belly fat as quickly as you were hoping to. There are two tricks you have to follow in order to get the best out of running in terms of losing weight.
- Intensity – Jogging and power walking are great exercises, but they just don’t cut it if you want to lose weight by running. You have to run at a fairly intense pace if you want to see your belly fat disappearing.
- Vary the intensity – Once you get your running intensity up to snuff, and once you build up plenty of physical fitness for prolonged running sessions, start implementing variations into your routine. For example, run at a high pace for some five or ten minutes, then lower your pace for two to three minutes, and repeat.
Can you lose belly fat by running on a treadmill?
Again, yes, you can. Treadmills are great substitutes for outdoor running, and perhaps a better alternative in some respect. Treadmills are easier on your joints, and they are the preferred running alternative for people with severe overweight conditions.
Not only does using a treadmill burn belly fat, but one of the long-term effects of regular treadmill sessions is that visceral fat will go away for good. Plus, even if you end up gaining some weight down the road, treadmill running not allow the deep belly fat to return. If this has convinced you to try out treadmills, quickly pop to a gym in San Diego and see just how good treadmills are.
How long should you run on a treadmill to lose belly fat?
Although the “as long as possible” answer does seem a bit too easy and convenient, it’s actually quite true. Not in the extremes though. Try to put in at least thirty minutes on a treadmill every day, and you’ll start noticing results very soon.
Yes, treadmills are that good when it comes to burning belly fat. However, in all honesty, it’s not just about jumping on a treadmill and giving it your all. There are other aspects you need to consider when putting your treadmill to good use.
- Calories – You have to watch your calorie intake if you’re really serious about eliminating belly fat.
- Injuries – If you’re new to it, start slow, don’t overdo it. Start running at a slow pace, and work your way up.
- Heart rate – If your heart is not pumping, the fat is not burning. The ideal heart rate for optimal fat burning is about 60% – 85% of the maximum heart rate.
- Stop – That is, know when to stop. Thirty minutes a day is a minimum, but there is also the maximum. Never go for more than 45 minutes of running on a treadmill, as the burning of the fat above that mark becomes too slow for the effort.
“I don’t have a treadmill at home, where can I run on one?”
There are plenty of gyms in San Diego that have loads of treadmills, dumbbells, exercise machines and yoga mats, but there is only one that has all of those and a lot more – Fit Athletic. Not only do we have more equipment than all other gyms in Little Italy in San Diego, but we also offer fantastic workout atmosphere and highly experienced staff od personal trainers. We’re absolutely certain you’re going to love our place, so if you’re ever strolling the Piazza Basilone, stop by our place and see just how good our gym is.