What’s the Latest and Greatest in Fitness?
Looking into the latest fitness trends can mean any or all of the following – You’re trying to improve your workout routine; you’re trying to get fit and toned quicker; you’re comparing gyms and fitness to see which one’s better for you.
Whatever your reason for trying to learn what trends are currently popular in fitness, we’re here to help you find the answers. Of course, the best way to do so is to find the best Little Italy fitness classes and see for yourself. But, before you do, here’s our take on it.
What are the latest fitness trends?
Fitness is extremely popular, even with the California Department of Public Health. That means it’s constantly undergoing changes to maximize gains. So, here’s an overview of what’s hot in fitness today:
- Shorter workouts and classes – People live busy lives, and free time is no longer a given, but a gift. That’s why fitness classes are getting shorter, but more energetic to accommodate for the busy schedule.
- Group classes – When you’re exercising in a group, you have people around you to motivate you and help you power through, especially in the beginning, which is why group classes are very popular.
- Treadmill classes – Fitness on treadmills is the single fastest spreading trend in fitness. Running is great cardio, and incorporating treadmills into fitness classes makes fitness an even more of an all-encompassing method.
- Swimming – Swimming has an almost universal appeal among people trying to get fit and healthy. It’s dynamic, but easy on the joints and your back and works pretty much all your muscle groups.
- Apps – Fitness apps are an ever-increasing trend. They tell you which exercises to do, set daily, weekly, and monthly goals, and keep you motivated to continue exercising on a regular basis.
- Nutrition – If you’re going to get fit, you need to do more than just exercise, which is why eating properly has become increasingly important. Nutrition experts will help you achieve a balanced diet that will maximize results.
- Home workouts – Some people simply don’t have the time to visit a gym, so they try to do as much as they can in the comfort of their own home. Naturally, nothing can replace the atmosphere and the equipment at a gym, but a good home workout can be the next best thing.
What are the most popular fitness programs?
There are so many currently popular fitness programs, it’s literally impossible to list them all. However, we’ll try to name the most interesting of them:
- Yoga Sculpt – Adding some free weights to regular yoga classes increases the intensity and sculpts your body better.
- Beach workout – Take the workout outside, enjoy the sun and the sand, and increase the enjoyment.
- Deep-water workout – This is a non-impact method, a variation of water aerobics, which incorporates flotation equipment and the comforting depth of deeper water.
- Master’s swim – If you enjoy swimming, take it to the next level with these organized swimming classes that will improve your technique and tone your body.
- Power Pilates – It’s pilates, but with a twist – the pace is fast and the gains are greater!
- Synchopace – Combine a stationary bike, good music, and great vibes, and you get Synchopace – a highly energetic and interesting workout.
- Just Dance! – Just Dance gives you an opportunity to let your hair down and enjoy the fluid motions, but also challenges you with the yoga-inspired positions.
- Knockout – A cardio routine that is extremely fast-paced and incorporates kicks and punches from kickboxing for increased intensity.
- BOSU Fit Challenge – Strength-and-cardio focused exercising method done on BOSU platforms that will improve your coordination and balance while also making you sweat.
- Various yoga classes – Finally, yoga is a fitness trend that is always present, which only speaks to how good it actually is. There are various types of yoga, and you can’t go wrong choosing any one of them.
What is the best fitness class for beginners?
Every person has different needs, even as a beginner, and that makes it really difficult to provide a uniform answer to which fitness class is best for beginners.
However, there are a couple of tips on how to choose a fitness class that is best for you:
The first one on your list – place your needs first. Think about what it is you’re trying to achieve and start there. If you’re looking for a low-impact method, try aqua aerobics. If you’d like something with a fast pace, go for power pilates. Your needs have to come first!
When you’ve decided on a fitness method, you need to think about fitting the classes into your busy schedule. So, once you’ve decided what you’d like to do, figure out if you can make it work. If not, keep searching, as you can’t modify your obligations to accommodate for fitness classes. Which is unfortunate, to be honest.
Don’t just focus on the schedule. You need to find a gym that you’d feel happy going to on a regular basis, which is why you should always choose a place you like, not just the one that is convenient. Sometimes a longer drive is worth it!
Meet the trainers that will be working with you during your fitness classes. Ask about their credentials, see if you’re comfortable around them, and watch a class or two and see if you like their way of doing things.
Finally, if you’re opting for group classes, which can be a good choice, ask about the structure of the group. People are usually more comfortable exercising around people who are at a similar fitness level, especially if they’re shy.
“Where can I find carefully devised fitness classes in Little Italy?”
If you’re looking for the perfect place to start your journey to a healthier life, then you need to go to Fit – the best gym in Little Italy. We’re more than a team of fitness experts – we’re a family, and we’d like to welcome you into it.
We’ll make your beginning easy and pleasant, and your every visit enjoyable and worthwhile. So, if you’re ever visiting the Our Lady of the Rosary Church, visit Fit as well. You won’t leave disappointed!
Subscribe To The Fit Blog
Monthly articles for a Fit lifestyle, straight to your inbox.